The Streeter Marshall Team
- ProfileRichard Curran specialises in Private Client work including:
- Wills & Probate
- Powers of Attorney
- Court of Protection Applications
- Residential Property Conveyancing
Having been based at Streeter Marshall’s Warlingham office for a number of years, Richard has built up close relationships with clients, local estate agents, local traders and Care Home managers.
- BackgroundRichard completed his law degree at Queens University, Belfast in 2002. He then spent a year as a paralegal in a large property department in a solicitor’s firm in Belfast.
In 2004 Richard completed the Legal Practice Course and began his training with a firm in Surrey. He joined Streeter Marshall as a newly qualified solicitor in 2006.
Richard has continued his studies undertaking a two year Postgraduate Diploma in Notarial Practice at the University of Cambridge. He qualified as a Notary Public in 2012.
Richard has worked to build up the Streeter Marshall practice from the Warlingham Office and his contribution was instrumental in the decision to refurbish and expand the office in 2008. Richard was made partner in 1st June 2012.
Richard has gained particular experience dealing with more elderly clients preparing Lasting Powers of Attorney and Wills. He also takes part in a number of pro bono activities.
- PersonalRichard is a keen tennis player and captains his local church tennis club.
Testimonials for Wills & Probate
My mother’s probate was dealt with very efficiently. Thank you.
Update Your Will Week 2023
Research commissioned by SFE (Solicitors for the Elderly) and Streeter Marshall shows...
Lasting Powers of Attorney: plan for the future sooner rather than later
The Law Society Gazette has recently reported that wait times for the...
The importance of making a will
Why is it important to make a will? Wills are an important...